Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wild Adventures in the Yard!

Baby Girl and I were sitting outside last night with my laptop, just surfing the Net. She went in around 11 or so, leaving me alone. It could have become disastrous. I'm happily typing away, minding my own business. I see something out of the corner of my eye. It's a good thing I didn't make any sudden moves because it was a SKUNK!!! About 5 feet away from me!

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!"

My patio chairs make a horrible scraping noise on the concrete whenever we move them. I grabbed one, and moved it ever so slightly. My little friend started to run away. But he didnt go very far. He ran about another foot, then turned to face me.

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!"

He turned away from me. I certainly did NOT like the business end of a skunk pointed at me. Luckily, he continued to run away from me. As soon as I saw his tail further down the driveway, I grabbed my stuff and high-tailed it into the house as fast as my legs could carry me!

No comments: