Thursday, August 28, 2008

Colorful Expletives

I pulled some back muscles on Sunday. It still hurts today. I twittered about how it was raining, and I was stuck at the store without an umbrella. Margot Potter thought it was a good time for a juicy expletive. I like to use a string of colorful ones, because one is never enough for me.

That inspired me to make a pendant out of shrink plastic stuff. The plan was perfect. I have a bunch of pretty gel pens and sharpie markers. I created my design. Then, being lazy, I decided to use my heat gun instead of a toaster oven or regular oven. Heck, my back hurts. Why bother with the oven?

Crafty Lesson Learned:
Yes, a heat gun works on shrink plastic. Just a small piece. Like less than 6 inches long. Anything longer turns into something out of a sci-fi movie.


Back to the drawing board... Oh, and gel pens aren't exactly what I'd call permanent on shrink plastic.

2 comments:

Margot Potter said...

Okay this is becoming a very good story my friend! There's going to be a cool piece of art at the end of this journey.

Take care of yourself!

xoxo
Margot

Unknown said...

Hmmm...still turned out kind of neat. Good luck.

Sara Hardin