Welcome to Terrorific Tuesday 2009!!!
Add some Halloween flair to your day with this cute kitschy bracelet and earring combo!
- 1 bag of plastic dollar store Halloween rings with removable rings - $1
- a bit of chain -$2
- jump rings - $1
- head pins and eye pins - $2
- a clasp of some sort - $1
- 2 pairs of pliers, such as flat nosed and round nosed - if you buy just the two sets of pliers, the price could be about $6. I went to my local hardware store and got a set of 5 different pliers for about the same price.
- some acrylic faceted beads - $4 (I had a big bag of them)
- earring wires - $1
If you have none of these items on hand - $18 plus tax
The items marked in green were purchased for this project, and the purple items were on-hand.
Measure your wrist, so that the bracelet with be comfy. You don't want to meausre too loosely or too tightly, because you're going to be adding a clasp which is going to add just a touch of extra length. Most standard bracelet sizes are between 6 and 8 inches long. Cut your chain to this length.
Pick out the rings you'd like on your bracelet and earrings. Remove the ring part. If you have a drill, use it to put a small hole in the item. If you don't have a drill, you could probably use a safety pin to CAREFULLY poke a hole.
Once you have the holes, open a jump ring and throw those bad boys on the chain. If you don't know how to open and close a jump ring, Margot Potter has an excellent video on youtube that shows you how! You can also use a jump ring to attach the clasp. I just used the chain itself.
Put some beads on your head pins, attach them to the chain as well.
For the earrings, just follow the same steps as the bracelet. Except this time, we're going to use the eye pins and thread some beads on them. Use a jump ring to attach your kitch to the eye. Create a loop at the other end for the earring wire, and add the wire.