Friday, March 05, 2010

Belated Valentine's project

It's been brought to my attention that I forgot to post my Valentine wreath, the one that I used spray glitter. I stand here, holding a bunch of oopsie daisies. :)

I made the wreath using wooden heart shapes, probably the 5 or 6 inch size ones. I painted them with acrylic paints. I wanted them to look like those little candy hearts, so I used (older ) dimensional Polymark fabric paint in Medium Pink Shiny to write different things on each heart. Except for the three at the top. For those, I used Tulip dimensional fabric paint in Multi and wrote a nice quote that's been popping up all over the place "Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much."

Here is the wreath after paint and words:



Not enough... it need's something. I think to myself "What would the Crafty Chica do?" Snapping my fingers as it comes to me... GLITTER! But I didn't want to do it the old fashioned way, so I decided to try glitter spray. The only glitter spray I could find was Tulip's Fabric Spray Paint in Sparkling Star. Not a big deal, it should still spray glitter on my project, right? Right.



I had an extra wooden heart that I used as a test piece for getting a nice even flow of paint for the text. (I always have bad luck with huge globs spurting out at the wrong moments). So I sprayed the test heart. One coat seemed a bit light, so it got a second. I was happy with the results.


No comments: