Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happiness vs. Freedom

I know it's been a bit since I've posted anything. I've got a good reason! Honest!

I got my dream job! It's not glamorous, but for once in my life I am truly happy to go to work. A happy worker is a productive worker! I am now a cutting counter girl and cashier at Joann's!!

(insert fanfare sounds here.. wait for the crowd to settle...)

Yes, ladies and gentlemen you have read that correctly! I work for one of the greatest craft stores in my area! I've always believed that a person should be happy at work. They should do what they love so that they get a sense of not only happiness, but accomplishment. I read a quote that has stuck with me for quite a while. Unfortunately, I don't know the author and cannot give proper credit.

"Doing what you love is Freedom. Loving what you do is Happiness."

I think I am one of the lucky ones. I enjoy the freedom to do what I love, and my family reaps the benefits of my happiness. I allowed a few previous jobs to make me miserable, and we all suffered for it. Now that I am taking charge of my happiness, I feel like I have been set free.

No comments: